Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rotating breakfast...

So this morning my husband and I went to the Rotary club where I was invited to give a talk on Haiti. Hopefully I got through to a few people in the room. Either way, the experience was interesting, and the food was good. I left with a question in mind, though. Are organizations like the Rotary Club, Kiwanis, and the Lyons Club dying out? From this morning's meeting, my guess would be yes. There were almost no young people in the room, and the youngest member appeared to be near his early 50's. Then again, I've had no previous interaction with the Rotary club, so who knows... would be interesting to find out.

The sunrise was incredible, with a glow coming over the mesas in orange, gold, red, rose, and then finally sky blue. We live in an amazing place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment