Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yesterday's Recipe....

Ok, so with my brother in town I fell behind on posts. What can I say? We went out to eat. :) It's nice to go out once in awhile. :) While he was here, I did make one cherry tomato recipe: Insalata Caprese (aka Insalata Tricolore). It's not the usual version, so I hope you enjoy! :)

15 cherry tomatoes from the garden, cut into halves
6 oz. fresh buffalo mozzarella cut into 1 cm x 1 cm cubes
3 sprigs shredded fresh organic pesto basil
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
dash sea salt
dash ground pepper

Mix tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, 1/2 the olive oil, and balsamic vinegar until mixture is evenly coated and mozzarella has taken on a slightly darker, uniform color. Drain excess balsamic. Stir in remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Chill for 20 minutes and serve. Serves 2-3.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment